Assistant Director of Development, Student and Young Alumni Philanthropy
The Assistant Director of Development, Student & Young Alumni Philanthropy is as member of the Advancement team who, under the direction of the Deputy Director of Development, assists in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding KUA prospects. The Assistant Director is primarily responsible for building both student and young alumni (1-10 years out) programming to develop lifelong connections with KUA.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of young alumni prospects to cultivate and solicit gifts for the KUA Fund and special projects.
- Oversee Senior Class Gift.
- Develop and implement student and young alumni philanthropy programming.
- Oversee 5th and 10th reunion classes with a goal of increasing annual event attendance, giving and class specific engagement.
- Implement and execute special advancement initiatives and projects.
- Assist in the organization of regional gatherings and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 2-4 years in educational advancement, event planning or a comparable field.
- Demonstrated organizational and operational skills; superior interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication; attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- High degree of comfort with the use of technology, familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Advanced use of MS Office applications required.
- Ability to work independently and follow established procedures.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
HOURS OF WORK:
The position is year-round and full-time. The typical expectation is a 40-hour work week, with the understanding that when school is in session, employees work an occasional Saturday and special event weekends. This position requires some travel.
Interested candidates should Apply Online
or submit a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com