|Kimball Union Academy offers an open and safe community dedicated to stimulating intellectual curiosity while stewarding emotional and spiritual growth. Our Student Life Program is an integral part of a curriculum dedicated to educating the whole person. Furthermore, the Student Life Program is committed to discovering the most effective way to instill strong moral character, sound judgment, and individual integrity. Through a variety of opportunities, Kimball Union students will develop the necessary skills to reflect, critique and analyze in order to make a difference in the world.|
What a strong community this is.
• Living with your peers as well as your teachers strengthens your relationships with those in the community and enhances the academic experience.
• Residences range in size from small houses that accommodate as few as 5 students, to larger halls housing as many as 45 students.
• Kimball Union has a 6-day academic schedule with half days on Wednesday and Saturday to support extended student involvement in co-curricular programs those afternoons.
• The daily schedule includes designated office hours for faculty and advisor-advisee meetings to facilitate student-faculty interaction outside of the classroom.
• There are family style seated dinners weekly that promote community building and discussion.
• Morning meetings, run by the Student Body President, are held twice a week to inform the community about events and to celebrate student performances.
• Student proctors serve as liaisons between house parents and students. They are also a great resource for students with questions or concerns they would like to discuss with a peer.
• There are scheduled evening study hours six nights per week to help students manage their workload.
• All-school and special interest cultural events and social programs abound.
Small School for A Big World
While KUA draws students from across the globe—19 countries at most recent count—above and beyond all else, we are a small school where one-to-one connections form the building blocks of relationships that last a lifetime. Every student, no matter the language first spoken or the background they bring with them, becomes an integral piece of the web of student life here, forging lasting connections. It is these relationships that give students the support and strength to spread their wings and move beyond what they previously thought possible. And they do spread those wings.
Just as students come here from around the world, our students use KUA as a launching pad for their own explorations: from an exchange program with the Woodstock School in the Indian Himalayas to the Cullman Scholars program that allows students to chart their own path abroad to support their academic and social interests.